Pomodoro Organizer: Get Stuff Done
The Pomodoro Technique is an effective way to overcome procrastination, get started on big tasks (by breaking them into smaller tasks) and to use time effectively. Essentially, by “hacking” your brain’s reward pathway with manageable chunks of time and small reward breaks, it can help overcome the fear of getting going.
This graphic organizer (pdf) is to help set a plan for a working period, recognizing that:
- Setting clear and realistic goal is essential
- Breaking large tasks into smaller steps helps get things done
- Rewards/short breaks keep the brain motivated
- Setting an overall end time is also really important
- A distraction-free environment will really help
Of course if, once you get going, you find “flow” and can’t stop working… then get it done!
For more ATL-related graphic organisers, click here.
- The Chrome extension Pomodoro Timer Pro allows you to set times and “blacklist” sites that might be distractions.
- Online Stopwatch has a good full-screen tomato timer. Scan the QR code below to start the timer running.
Posted on March 15, 2018, in #edtech #scitech, Approaches to Learning. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment