i-Biology.net has passed 5 million views! That’s a lot of teachers and students looking for resources, support and ideas. Please help this work make a difference beyond classrooms.
Scroll down for charity donation links and personal thanks to all donors.
These IB Biology presentations, Essential Biology worksheets and other resources are available to you to use for free, but please consider making a donation to one of my chosen charities via Biology4Good (powered by JustGiving.com). Hopefully they have saved you time and stress as a teacher or grades as a student – please let them make a difference to others, too.
If you donate GB£20 or more, I’ll add you to a shared folder of editable powerpoints for topics updated recently. Please let me know your email address so that I can add you.
We’ve raised over GB£5,000 so far!
This project started first on Gifts4Good, which has sadly closed. “Offline Donations” mentioned on each team page refer to donations that were processed in the old incarnation of Gifts4Good.
My Chosen Charities
Mines Advisory Group
- A cause close to my heart, as it started in my hometown and is making a real difference in post-war areas. Find out more on this post about how they help people “survive the peace.”
- Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/iBiology-MAG
Save the Children
- Another long-time favourite of mine, with campaigns such as ‘No child born to die’. Easy to connect with as a teacher, find out more about their work on this post.
- Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/iBiology-SaveTheChildren
Medecins Sans Frontiers
- Doctors Without Borders work in some of the world’s toughest medical settings, at the centre of outbreaks, conflicts and refugee camps. Although it seems a world away, their work protects the wider world and brings health where there is so often only suffering. Find out more about their work here.
- Trees are life – and the work of Tree Aid can bring life back to arid and deprived communities. Find out more about their work here.
- Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/iBiology-TreeAID
Marine Conservation Society
- We’re all connected to the oceans, but they are in trouble. From fisheries to biodiversity and pollution, the Marine Conservation Society are taking action to protect our collective future. Find out more on this post.
- Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/iBiology-MCS
Save the Rhino
- Save the Rhino do amazing work in studying and protecting rhino herds across the globe, including Indonesia. They also produce a great quarterly magazine (online and print) called The Horn. Find out more about their work here.
- Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/iBiology-Rhino
- Hope HIV do fantastic work with HIV sufferers and in HIV education and prevention. Find out more about their work here.
- Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/iBiology-HopeHIV
- Afrikids is a civil rights organisation dedicated to relieving child poverty in Ghana. Find out more about their work here.
- Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/iBiology-AfriKids