Education Research & Science Journals
The links below take you to a GoogleScholar search for each of a selection of science education journals.
To search within the journal archive:
- Click on the advanced search arrow in the search box and enter your search parameters.
- The results will show up, and in most cases you’ll get to read the abstract, often more ( in 2011 over 50% of science articles were released as open-access).
Alternatively, click on any of the journals below and enter your search term. It should remember the journal in the results (see the example on ‘misconceptions’ below).
If you have other great journals that are worth adding to the list, please let me know in the comments.
If you are engaged by academic research and how it applies to science teaching practice (and are in the right time zones), consider taking part in the Science Teaching Journal Club.
- International Journal of Science Education
- Association for Science Education: School Science Review
- ASE: Science Teacher Education
- Journal of Science Teacher Education
- Cultural Studies of Science Education
- Journal of Research in Science Teaching
- Research in Science & Technological Education
- Journal of Research in International Education
- Journal of Chemical Education (ACS)
- Life Sciences Education
- Journal of Biological Education
- Science Scope (for MS)
Example search: ‘misconceptions’ in the journal Science Education
Statistical Analysis for Researchers
This site (Real-Statistics.com) is fantastic, and includes a very advanced Excel workbook for researchers. Perhaps beyond your students’ needs, but useful for higher study or action research.