Here is the class presentation:
This is a quick topic, though it has some tricky bits in.
I’d recommend a review of transcription and translation when going through the photoperiodism section.
Now we’re finished with the unit, all of the presentations have been posted on the Plant Science Page.
Some of the winners from this year include:
– Nutrition: making crisps crunch louder than they should
– Biology: “fleas that live on a dog jump higher than fleas that live on a cat”
– Chemistry: conflicting teams arguing over whether coca-cola is an effective spermicide
– Physics: mathematical proof that heaps of string will inevitably tangle up in knots
All geniuses, no doubt.
Here is the acceptance speech of last year’s prizewinners for Medicine: Sword Swallowing!
Click4Biology has an excellent page for this topic
Gapminder.org shows the awesome power of statistics. Grrr….
And you can ask your teacher to get the T-test Powerpoint from the OCC.
Using your calculator:
– Using the TI GDC (from Click4Biology)
– Using the Casio pdf download (from keymath.com)
Here is our Quia Class page on this topic.