Crash Course Ecology: 12 Videos with Hank Green
Posted by Stephen
I’ve featured Hank Green’s Crash Course Biology here a number of times and many of his videos have been embedded into the topic pages for the IB Biology course around this site. Prolific as he is, his ‘Crash Course Ecology’ series has just finished, so here are 12 episodes that pull together elements of the the Core and Option topics (as well as a lot more).
The full playlist is here: Crash Course Ecology. It’ll take about as long as Avatar to get through it all, and you’ll learn more about environmental change, impacts and solutions.
Episode 1: The History of Life on Earth
The rest of the episodes are linked after the jump.
Episode 2: The Texas Mosquito Mystery
- Population growth, carrying capacity
Episode 3: Human Population Growth
- r and K-selection, population growth, human carrying capacity
Episode 4: Feel the Love
- Interactions: niches, competitive exclusion, mutualism, commensalism
Episode 5: Predation
- Herbivory, parasitism, predatory adaptation
Episode 6: Ecological Succession
- Primary and secondary succession
Episode 7: Links in the Chain
- Feeding relationships, energy flows, nutrients recycle
Episode 8: Hydrologic and Carbon Cycles
Episode 9: Nitrogen & Phosphorous Cycles
Episode 10: Five Human Impacts on the Environment
- Importance of Biodiversity
- Deforestation, invasive species, over-harvesting, desertification, global warming
Episode 11: Pollution
- Very comprehensive – have a look!
Episode 12: Conservation & Restoration
- It’s not all bad news…
About StephenInternational Educator: China via Japan, Indonesia & the UK. Director of Innovation in Learning & Teaching. Science educator. Twitterist (@sjtylr), dad and bloggerer. MA International Education & current EdD student. Experienced Director of Learning & MYP Coordinator. Interested in curriculum, pedagogy, purposeful EdTech and global competence. Find out more: http://sjtylr.net/about. Science site: http://i-biology.net.
Posted on February 3, 2013, in Conservation, CrashCourse, Ecology & Conservation (Core and Options), Endangered Species, Greenhouse Effect & Climate Change, Human Impacts, IBDP Biology. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.